YaHoO≠Yahoo!.com

The craps of "(disapproving) a rude, noisy or violent person" (Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary)

Some Useful Softwares

Here are some useful softwares I found when fixing my computer. I'm not paid a single cent to advertise for them just I recommend based on my experience, and also comments from sites. Use on your own risk.

Anti-Spyware
Ad-Aware Personal
The most popular anti-spyware. Quite effective.

Spyware Blaster
Other anti-spywares detect and remove spywares. This useful software block high-risk sites and fend off spywares and adwares before they are installed in your computer.

WinPatrol
This software does not only anti-spyware but also provides some other useful features. You can control which programs to be on the start-up list and let your computer be ready faster after sign in.

SUPERAntiSpyware
Alternative.

Anti-Virus
Avast and AVG are two leading free anti-virus softwares with most downloads. I'm not sure which one is better but make sure you only install one of them because more than one anti-virus softwares installed might cause interference and slow down computer.

Others
Active Security Monitor (AVM)
Nice appearance and interesting scoring system showing how well the protection of your computer from 0 to 100, based on certain aspects. The highest I got is 94 try challenge me! Hehe!

Gen Disk Cleaner
Help free up hard disk space by removing some superfluous files without risk. I cleaned about 1 to 3 gigs and according to the website there is even someone get 20 gigs back!!

Winsock Fix
After deleted certain spywares or adwares you might find problem logging on Internet, or browsers showing "Page not displayed." This software should help effectively.

I shall recommend more softwares in coming post if I find any useful. That's all this time adios!!!

0 comments: