YaHoO≠Yahoo!.com

The craps of "(disapproving) a rude, noisy or violent person" (Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary)

Library

After 5 weeks wasting my time at home without good purpose, finally I made up my mind and went to library to study. As usual my productivity was low because again I was distracted.

Okay above was just my prologue. My real point today is the use of our library, at least the one in my district. Just like my previous visits, you can count the number of staffs and visitors with your fingers. My saying is too extreme? Okay, use your toes only occasionally. The attendance is so few that there was once they could even close the library on working day because there was so-called a meeting that involved ALL staffs in Selayang. Now there are more visitors and why? Because now free Internet is provided in library, and they are not using it for right and better purposes rather than MySpace and Friendster, most of them.

It is hapless and worrying to see most people, especially the youngsters (perhaps including me regretfully), do not have the thirst for knowledge. Yes it's not necessary that people must go to library to acquire knowledge but this just displays how low-ranking knowledge is in their priority list. Knowledge is power but unfortunately people are not educated to think and gain knowledge, we are just trained to score in exam. This is not a good thing if we want to develop our country and compete with others in this globalization era.

0 comments: