YaHoO≠Yahoo!.com

The craps of "(disapproving) a rude, noisy or violent person" (Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary)

KKB aka TVC Shooting Town

Perhaps not many of you have known before, KKB, particular older areas of Jalan Mat Kilau, formerly known as Stonor Street, is a favourite destination of TVC (TV Commercials), as well as TV shows and movies shooting crews. This is mainly due to the well-preserved and well-kept old shophouses (which are one of the 50 significant buildings of Selangor) and town areas, thanks partially to the fact that we're the first planned town in Malaysia in 1923, and also to the taxes from Genting Highlands (yes, about 1/3 of Genting Highlands is situated in Hulu Selangor, not just Pahang). KKB was featured in 5 or more TVCs, the first I can recall being Summit USJ's more than 10 years ago, at the indian traditional hairsaloon, where I cut my hair when I was young, to Petronas's (Merdeka TVCs if I recall correctly) at the now Yebeng shoes shop, opposite to Post Office, kids milk powder's at Sun Sun Man Cheong, the old Hainanese Kopitiam, Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs', at one of the "supermarkets" to the latest I can recall, Old Town White Coffee around the town areas. No, neither it was shot in Ipoh, nor it mentioned it was shot there.



To those who've been here before see if you can recognize any scene familiar :p

TV3 comedy show, Ah-Ha, starring Afdlin Shauki and Harith Iskandar, also featured a shop which appeared in the above video. Movie-wise, there's this relatively old malay movie called Mimpi Moon (2000), which featured 1 part of the town, as Batu Berendam, Langkawi (obviously cheating, at least to me). And also 1 old Andy Lau's movie.

It is a shame I couldn't provide more videos which I mentioned, hope this little facts do enlighten you more, about my lovely town, especially to those who are coming in the future :)

0 comments: